New question - what size table to buy?

I have a 12' table. I can't imagine that I would ever want to do anything so big that it wouldn't fit on my table, so yes, I'm perfectly happy with that size. Besides, I wouldn't have room anywhere for a 14' table. I have a friend who got a 14' table many years ago when she got her machine and says she regrets it. She's rarely if ever needed it and it's a nuisance to have to walk around, she says.

Guest Linda S

I too have a 14' table, but my studio is 15' x 25', so I have plenty of room. While I haven't quite needed the whole length yet, I'm not sorry I bought it. If you've got the space, go for it.

Linda

I would recommend getting a 14' table if you have the room. I can't imagine that you'd ever wish you didn't have the extra 2 feet. I got the 12' table and there have been a few times that I was right at the limit of my space and wished for the extra 2'. When I bought the machine, I had a room large enough for the 14' table but we have several moves to make in the next few years and I figured I'd have better luck finding a house with room for a 12' table than I might for a 14' table.

To each his own I think,:cool:

I started off with 14 foot tables but wanted to fit more machines in my studio, know I have 3, 12 foot tables and an 8.8 foot table, I have never had to turn a king size quilt away but I no longer have room at the end of the table for my bowl of M&M's... LOL I will tell you, I don't miss my 14 foot tables one bit.:P;)

Wish I had known about the custom options when I ordered my Mille five years ago. I have the 12' table, but there are times when the 14' would be really handy, ie, using the Circle Lord circle maker on the far left side of a large quilt. I am unable to make the final circle, no matter what I try, so have figured out that by repinning the zippers onto the quilt, I can get the cirlcles done. Not a great option, but an option none the less. Grace

I have tried to position the arm of the CL under the longarm, but it won't reach to do the size circle I want to do. Michael suggested adding onto the end of my table with a temporary 'arm' to hold the CL, but the problem is that there is a post vertically positioned at the end of my table that seems to be in the exact spot I need to use. The circles are large, so that is probably the primary problem.

Archived