Hydraulic Lift

I got my hydraulic lift when I purchased the machine. I too am short and wasn't really sure I would use it but decided that it sounded like a good idea. Boy was I wrong about not using it. I love it. The versitility I have with table height is wonderful. I have a significant spinal curvature and the lift has been a godsend. It was well worth the money. I guess now I am going to have to scrounge around to get a remote for it.

Pamela

I'm convinced that the hydraulic lift is not too far in my future. I'm working on a sampler quilt and have noticed that certain things require my nose right next to the needle:P:P Sure would be easier if I didn't have to bend over so far to accomplish that!;)

Hi Dory,

Do I need to call you to push you off that fence?! LOL

Remember in class where I had the switch to raise or lower the table? I attached mine to the tension block so it's very handy to just reach over and push that button. I used a couple of zip ties to secure it. Here's a picture for the rest of you. I know if I had a remote, I'd just lose it, or the grandkids would try to turn the TV on with it!

post--13461900257913_thumb.jpg

Peglu...

I had my table about the same height as what you are saying until just recently. I had two of my sons help me out with raising it up and what a difference. I used to have some back pain right across the top and it's gone now. I wish I had done this a couple of years ago, but just kept putting it off and putting it off. Just do it!!!

No, Darlene...if you push me "off" the fence, I'll fall and break something and then I won't be able to quilt at all:D

I'm convinced and Dennis is convinced as well--especially after last night. We share my studio, so he got to watch the contortions I was making while working on the sampler quilt and also got to give me glass of wine and some ibuprofen to make me feel better.:P

I want to put my controller on the tension block as well...its an easy place to reach and I won't always be hunting for the remote.

Thanks, Darlene....

I was thinking, what a great idea! Get DH into the studio, then start over acting all of the movements of quilting. Then mention the hydraulic lift and see what happens. But I know my DH all to well. He would watch me and then say, "wow, that is really good exercise!" :o It would backfire.

You're doing it all wrong then Mary Beth. You must whimper while making the contortionist moves and then hobble around holding your back.:D Also, make sure you lean way over to put your face next to the quilt and comment about how uncomfortable that is and how if you just had the lift, you could move the quilt to you with just the push of a button.

You must try harder!:P:P

Archived