Quilt shop called

The local Quilt shop just phoned me at work and said they are in love with the Quilt I did for them. Wow and I was so worried. I am working but my DH delivered it. Even the customers were commenting on "Who quilted this Christmas Quilt for?" The owner said I better get ready to work.

SO EXCITED!!!!

Just commissioned two quilts and 8 promised for January from just ONE Quilter. I'm Dizzy!!!!

My husband is having to postpone Kitchen remodeling just to get my Quilting space in order. Even he can't believe it. The phone is ringing off the wall he said. My secr:P:Pet is out.

Well, aren't you "SPECIAL"!...(Like the lady on Saturday Night Live!) lol...

I'll bet you just feel bowled over.. how fortunate for you that your quilting attempt showed your talent and others recognized it....

Just a word....don't over-extend yourself in the euphoria...allow time for yourself and for "unseen" things that are always bound to happen in our lives.

Congratulations...and I am really jealous...I haven't reached that level of competency yet..(maybe never will..who knows?). How much practice did you deem necessary to reach this plateau? I'm still working on cheater quilts...trying to perfect the outlining and stipple quilting, free hand designs, etc. I'm afraid to put in something "GOOD" and take a chance on ruining it...and I certainly haven't entertained the thought of doing quilts that belong to someone else....I guess I just need to keep hearing of the success stories of you new gals and hopefully something will click and I'll get the right confidence and start to relax. Again..congrats! That is really something to be proud of...and you are so fortunate to have a husband that pitches in and walks beside you.

Well to be honest I'm stunned myself. I have only done 5 quilt tops on my machine and two were only 60x60. The other two were queen. And of the course the top I did for the Shop it was about 60x75. (I forgot to measure , just centered and quilted). Just got my machine a few weeks ago. I just do it. Once I conquered the tension adjustments I change thread all the time in a zip. I also found that some of my problems were a result of not having batting that does well with my longarm. The warm and Natural and the Hobbs Heirloom were champs to quilt on. Stable and once quilted they feel good. I still have alot to learn about batting. The top I did for the Shop was my first STITCH in the DITCH with my longarm and I had alot of thread play and Whimsy style quilting which was like freedom. It suited the funky fabrics that were used throughout the quilt. Wasn't perfect but really good. I just had fun with it. My freehand fillers are consistant and everyone asked what panto but I just did it freehand. Better save that one. lol Best of luck to you. You Can Do It! Your are right though I have to be careful not to overextend myself so early as I have much to train on and techiques to learn.

Archived