Quilted Shower Curtain

lizziesgirl

I've done it both ways with a tab top or with larger button holes and reinforced them with a bit of plastic on the back sides....both ways work very well. With the tab top I always like a separate valance to hide the tabs....it just had a more finished looks.

I was definately going to have double curtains and had thought of the large button holes but I really like your idea Bonnie with the tabs and the separate valance. I didn't know if I should use a special batting or no batting or how to handle that aspect of the quilt, being that it will be in a humid area.

I want to do a quilt with magnolia's and not sure of the design. I have a neat paper pieced magnolia pattern that I could make and put in the center. Then I just got in the quilt shop today a magnolia print from Benartex. It's wonderful. So still in the thinking stages.

Sheryl...the couple that I did for customers were of course in Reno, where there isn't much humidity, but still used the very thin Thermore from Hobbs....its a very light weight batting to use in clothing and new born blankets....but its a very good batting, and doesn't need a ton of stitches in it. I think the stitches can go out 8 - 10 inches...as its a poly, it shouldn't mildew or mold and if the bathroom has a good vent you shouldn't have any trouble.

Archived