Totally overwhelmed

I am not complaining, just overwhelmed. I have one quilt to finish sewing, and 2 quilts to quilt for our booth at the Ft. Worth quilt show Sept 19-21. I have a very detailed quilt on the machine right now. The quilt shop e-mailed me today to tell me that 9 quilt tops are on their way to me to quilt & I have 8 quilts ordered for Christmas. Not just quilting but from scratch.....I am wondering if there are enough days left.

Saundra

Yes, I would make a list in priority order and start with #!, finish that, go to #2 etc until you get them all done. One thing you can do is for any other quilts that come up is let them know you can put them on the list and call them to bring it over only if you have time for them. Just an idea. And don't forget to breath.:cool:

Let's see. There are 15 weeks until Christmas~a few days. You seem to have about 1+2+9+8=20 quilts to do. If you are a fast quilter, one-a-day=three weeks NO PROBLEM. If you are a one-a-week quilter, you're five weeks behind.:( If you multi-task, YOU CAN DO IT!!!:D:D:D

Better yet, ship some of those quilts to a friend and share the wealth:P

Congratulations on your bounty of business. I'm happy for you.

You might want to see if you can get some help on the cutting - from someone who is picky. I have a couple of friends I'd trust to rotary cut for me and I bet if you reached out someone would step in to help fill those gaps and reduce your stress. That's what friends are for :D

Saundra I understand how you feel, especially with the uncut quilts to do! I try to set up my cutting station and have everything at hand to cut and just make one day cutting day or I have a quilt to cut ready to go and when I need a break from the quilting machine I go and cut. I do the same thing with piecing, do some quilting and you know you need breaks if the quilting is intense then go sit at the dsm and piece or go cut. Set a timer if you need a reminder to get back to the quilt! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you while I am trying to whittle down my pile of custom quilts and make all the gifts and samples that I need to do before Christmas!!:o

Archived