Bobbin jam

I am new to posting - so forgive me. . .but I do need help if anyone can offer. A bit of paper toweling got caught up into my bobbin assembly while I was cleaning the machine to begin a new project. I could NOT get it out so took the entire thing apart (little tiny screws and all) and now, since I cleaned it thoroughly and put it back together, the black part of the assembly rotates loosely inside of the silver part (sorry, I don't know proper names of things) instead of staying put. What have I done wrong??

You didn't say where you are, but the first thing you need to do is call APQS, first thing tomorrow morning - they can tell you what needs to be done. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will jump in here before then, but calling tech support at APQS is always a good thing to try.

Thanks - I will do that. I'm in Wisconsin and it's close to midnight so I think I'll call it quits for tonight and start fresh in the morning. Is tech support available on Saturdays? I had to call there once before - a few years ago and they were VERY helpful! I love talking to people that know what they are talking about!!!!

I think you have forgotten to adjust the hook retaining finger. The finger is held in place by a single screw in front of the hook mounted on the underside of the machine body. the finger should fit about one third into the slot of the bobbin basket (black thingy spinning around). If you have a manual the procedure is better explained there.

Hope this helps.

Nigel

Archived