Available: MQX Hotel room and Classes

HeidiP

I am unable to attend MQX in Portland next week.

Does anyone want my hotel reservation? (Red Lion, Tuesday 10/8 - Friday 10/11, in the MQX block of rooms, 2 queen beds, $119/night.  I have until Monday to cancel, if no one is interested.)

Free to anyone who is interested: Ice Cream Social (W901-13); Overall Freemotion Quilting (W171-13); Why Quilts Win (WT23-13) and Quilting with Linda - Freehand Blocks and Triangles (W359-13).

Some of you know that I have been taking care of my parents 24/7 for the past 10 years, with help but very few breaks.  I am also their Trustee and other things...along with assisting my disabled brother in many ways.  Mom died two years ago and Dad is in his last days/hours of his life.  Mom was visiting with her grandson and his family one minute and 15 minutes later sitting in her favorite chair near Dad, looking at him with a smile on her face and left to be with her Lord.  Dad's departure has been much slower and harder for me.  Dad thinks of others first and is very generous with affirmation.  It's been a week since he was able to consume anything, but yesterday morning he smiled at a visitor and winked at her when she gave him a kiss.  Not any longer.  A few years ago he told me, "Don't be sad when I die.  I've had a good life and what will it be, 10 years, 20 years, until you join me?"  I wish it was that simple.

My DH bought me a Millie a year ago and we haven't spent 25 hours together getting acquainted.  Though I've been able to do some piecing, I really look forward to spending time with her.

I want to thank everyone on this Forum for sharing their lives and their quilts.  I haven't been able to get out much and you have been my contact with the outside world.  I haven't been deprived though because you are some of the most beautiful people a person could have the privilege to know! Looking at the many beautiful quilts and your quilting has been a privilege, as has been praying for you.  Thank you.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  Dad died yesterday afternoon.  My older brother had been staying with Dad this past year to save the expense of night-time caregivers.  We moved him into his new 2 bedroom apartment in an over 55 community today.  Pictures were hanging and cat purring when we left.  Everyone is doing fine.  We just need to get through the week and then maybe some down time.  

If anyone is interested in the Quilting classes I paid for at MQX, please go in my place.   I don't want anything for them, just have a Newbie enjoy learning from some good teachers.

Thanks again,

Heidi, I'm so sorry you, or anyone has to grieve.. it is hard  but it too shall pass.

Sending Big Hugs.. ((((((((((((((((((( Heidi)))))))))))))))))))))

I nursed our son for 2 years, and took up quilting to fill the time I was left with,

so his memory stays with me, and I love it.

May your memories all be happy, and your grief short and well healed.

Prayers for all concerned.. glad you have this forum.

Rita

Archived