Marking quilts Sewline air erase pen

I have one of these that I've had but not used for a couple of years. It still marks but I have to puh harder to use it than I do with my marvey air erasable markers that I've had about the same amount of time. Both pens mark about the same "thickness" of lines. They both erase well with water and air. I prefer the marvey in purple.

I have the purple air erase markers but seems they don't last very long. I don't know I make sure they are capped tightly and wouldn't consider that I am using them  a lot but in a couple months they barely mark so I haven't figured out the trick. Or is this about the amount of time they last for everyone else. I do like them. 

I Had the Fons and Porter, and the Bohn pencils.  Both became unusable about the same time.  So disappointed, but then, rofl, it may have been dropped and  rolled over with the saddle stool, one too many times.  Otherwise I loved using them both.

Rita

Thanks for input. I use the blue fine point markers by Clover and have been very disappointed by how quickly they wear out. When I mark a quilt, I mark a lot. sometimes I can't even make it through one quilt per pen. I'm very nervous about trying new markers, but I'm ready to bite the bullet and explore.

Peggy

Chalk pens work great for me. Bohn has a funny shaped chark marker that rolls along on little teeth and leaves a kinda dot dot dot of chalk. Chalk comes in different colors but mostly use white. Brushes off and does not leave a residue. School chalk, the cheap kind without oil in them is good too and can be sharpened carefull with a pencil sharpner. Don't care for the blue or purple pens, they dry out quickly and its money wasted.

Archived