Finally finished, A month later.

Your quilt is beautiful. You really trained your eye-hand coordination with this pattern and the texture looks great. The distance from which most people will view your quilt looks very professional. It's very difficult to get consistency of the humps without a ruler.

Since I am not very good at designs that the computerized quilting machines can execute with precision, I have been sticking to more freeform type quilting. Your clams would have had me so filled with anxiety. Sounds like you were too. On your next quilt you might try your hand at McTavishing because it doesn't require a ruler and the shapes are all different while providing a great background fill of texture. (Karen McTavish has a wonderful book and DVD that shows you how to do her design and you can play it over and over while practicing.) I also like doing bubbles or uneven stones.

Good luck Peggy. With your tenacity you'll be advancing quickly.

Vicki

Peglu, The clamshells are great! Perfect alternative to cross hatching! Who'd a thunk? I saw the close up and my first thought was that looks like chainmail! I wonder how many other patterns we can shrink down and come out with that look? We have 1/4 inch crosshatching, micro stippling, now tiny clamshells!

Archived