Santa Ana Winds

Linda Card (Ramona Quilter) you have been in my thoughts since the news that SoCal is on fire again. I know you live in the hills out in the country and scares me to think you might be in danger again. After what you went through last season, I can't imagine it might happen again! I'm keeping my California friends in prayers.

The fire this time was on Camp Pendelton in Oceanside. A few homes on base were lost, but no homes off base were touched. It is just a few miles away from my home. People were evacuated to a high school around the corner from me. The fires are still going, but at least the Santa Ana winds are light now.

Linda lives about an hour away from this area to the east.

I guess those that live here are all used to this but I am getting pretty fed up with it. We all lower our patio umbrellas and clear everything away from the house so the fire does not have fuel that will allow it access to our eaves.

We are all checking the new often to track the fires progress. I am wondering if I should have packed my medication and air in the car before I left this morning. At 5 AM, it was blowing pretty good in Ramona. After that 7 day evac last year, I swear I am not leaving this year.

I know that the offshore flow is blowing that smoke right at you Susan. Stay safe.

Archived