Ramona CA Quilt show

I just got back from the quilt show here in Ramona, CA and it was just great. Lots of wonderful quilts and lots of them done by our own Linda Card, whom I finally got to meet. Hi Linda! It was wonderful to meet you and play with your gammill, even if it was misbehaving for you! Thanks for letting me scribble. Also nice to meet Cheryl Ranes and Lorna, too!

I'm sure I'll see you around the County!

I was suppose to be there this weekend to help Linda and mostly play and get into trouble. I had to bow out and finally went to the doctor today and found that I have bronchitis and a sinus infection, so it's good that I didn't go.

Robin, I'm glad you met Linda, she is the best!! And Cheryl is a sweetie.

Linda....I promise...I'm there next time around.

Well, my feet ached after standing up all day at our little quilt show. We had such a crowd this year so we must be doing something right.

I used the Quilted Rose's table again this year and my machine head instead of SoCalGal's machine (last year). When DH put the machine on the demo table, he did not plug everything in. So I had to do a couple hours of manual feathers, no stitch regulator. But it's just like a bicycle, you never forget how to ride. Barbara from the Quilted Rose called and talked me thru the fix and it was good as new.

You should have seen Robin (qltnldy) doing freemotion (no stitch regulator) quilting from the back of the machine. I had it cranked up to 35 for her. No Fear. WooHoo.

Well, as a matter of a fact, I can show you Robin on my Gammill. I told her that I was going to try to coax her over to the dark side. Here is a photo of Robin driving a Gammill. Robin even brought up some business cards for our longarm exchange table ( got Quilt?). My motive for having the booth was to promote longarm quilting. I had brochures and cards from 7 longarm quilters. There was lots of interest at the booth and folks picked up those business cards.

post--1346190060795_thumb.jpg

So I"m reading down the posts and lo and behold see myself! How funny. Thanks for posting that pic and I had fun playing in the "darkside". Shhhh. don't tell anybody! :P

Mary Beth! I'm glad I didn't know you were supposed to be here or I would have been so disappointed not to see you that day. Still, I hope you'll make it out here some time and if so, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that's why I was jealous....I lived in Nevada for years and if it got to cold there we would pop over the mountain to Sacramento...and it never really gets cold in Reno, but that area does have at least 2 seasons...what they call winter and about 4 weeks of 110 degree summer in July. Sacremento gets even less...they have rain and summer.

Archived