1st Annual Quilt Retreat

Hi, everybody,

I just returned from my LQS's 1st Annual Quilt Retreat. What was really cool about it was that it was the first one at our Lodge at Fort Peck Lake. My husband and I bought a lodge and have been working on it since last October and have had three other groups in so far. But this was the first quilter's retreat! Our lodge sleeps 17 unless you bring in air matresses and such. When we were remodeling I had my husband put in many outlets and great lighting in the conference room area (quilting area). I attended and slept there too as I wanted to check it out for bumps in the night, etc. The girls were all thrilled with the accomodations and we decided to have another retreat in February. We have so many quilters in the area, the only problem will be to set up enough retreats to get all the girls in there. We did a mystery quilt runner on Saturday night, but otherwise we brought whatever we wanted to work on. We have a galley kitchen between the sewing area and the main common area where we had some cutting stations and ironing stations set up, so everytime we walked through to the other side we could grab a cookie or whatever goodie the girls had brought as we walked through the kitchen. Chocolate was plentiful. We also decided the Fort Peck quilting ladies will start a "Ladies of the Lake" quilt guild and made plans to get together in November. All in all it was a grand success. I got my Lady of the Lake quilt blocks done and ready to put together for a quilt and two jelly roll twin quilt tops done except for the borders. Also my Christmas mystery runner. I never get to just sew anymore so it was great. Well, I've been babbling long enough, just like I did all weekend. My sister and I and one other gal stayed up the latest sewing both nights, so am bushed now. Tomorrow back to reality.:(

Take care,

Robin

Robin-

Add me to the mailing list as well. Can do winter retreats as there are really no passes to worry about from here to there. Why don't you send me some flyers and I will be happy to put them in the LQS I work at & all the others that I am helping the economy at! LOL Also I will give a flyer to my guild-We love the local retreats!!!

Patty

Hi all,

Patty, Janna, and Bonnie - I will let you know when we get some retreats planned. I think we will have to do more than the February one as there are so many from around here that couldn't get in cuz they didn't sign up soon enough. I think the lodge should be quilters only...I bet I could book every weekend with quilters! Maybe the hunters can come during the week! Patty, I will send you some more info as requested. Bonnie - the lodge we have is actually at what used to be called Wheeler, MT. There is still an old tar paper shack on the property, but I don't think it will be there long as my husband wants to put another building there. The hardwood floor at the lodge is the original floor of a bar that burned down years ago. It would be great if you stop by next summer. The old Fort Peck Theatre is still operating and every summer there are four productions at least. Last summer it was Rumors, Jesus Christ Superstar, and I can't remember the other ones. They are always really good productions. I'll be in touch with you all.

Patty Jo, I'm still praying for you and Bill, as I'm sure we all are. Take care.

Robin

Archived