Help needed-cats quilt

This is a quilt made from Thimbleberries fabric. I believe it is one of her patterns also. Does anyone know? My customer wants custom. Any ideas? I was thinking SID between the pickets that would extend to a leaf and flower vine that would look to be growing on the fence. I'm not sure about the cats. I can see curly tails but how to make them different I'm not sure.

post--13461900650598_thumb.jpg

I believe it's "The Cat's Meow" It's from book but don't think it's Thimbleberies. What about instead of vines and leaves on the fence-butterflies and swirls to look like flying. then cat paws inside and maybe some mice or something like that. You could also quilt in the faces , whiskers eyes mouth etc, and what looks like fur in the bodies. Just my 2 cents...;)

Patty

Jane,

I do like your idea of the vines and leaves on the fence but also like Patty's idea of mice. Some fur or swirls to look like curly fur on the cats would look nice. Maybe some freehand dragonflies and leaves in between the cats would like fun too....this is one I would have to look at for a while....don't know if that helps?

Vicki

Jane.

I like the idea of the SID for the fence w/the leaves/vines!

What about stitching the shape of a curled tail. Like a sideways/upside down #6. Make sense? Stitch eyes and nose shape.

Then McTavish the fur on each cat with invisible thread. (So as not to make several thread changes.) Then choose a back-ground design for between the cats. Easy meander, etc.

I made that quilt 4 years ago. I stitched the cat eyes (the eyes are closed like a bracket), nose, mouth and wiskers...this was all one unit. Then I stitched a tail on each cat, outlined the blocks and cats. Meandered in the back ground. I think I SID the picket fence...I'd have to go find the quilt.

The pattern was the front cover of a quilt magazine. I don't remember which one right now...maybe American Patchwork?

I like the fact of the face quilting being all one unit. I would love to see a picture. I think it would be fun to add butterflies, swirls and a few mice in the borders. I was thinking of tails on the cats. Fillers for the bodies, like feathers, McT, swirls...

Any pictures of the quilts you did would be wonderful.

Archived