new Lenni owner

I took advantage of the tradeshow special and ordered a Lenni last Friday. Much to my amazement, my setup will be delivered - tomorrow! Now I'm worrying that I don't have everything that I will need to get started. What types of spare parts, common use items should I have ordered when I placed my Lenni order? I see posts of folks purchasing bobbins, needles, pigtails etc. I can't find a place on the APQS website for ordering those types of items and am not sure which type/kind I'll need for the Lenni.

As you can perhaps tell, I'm new to the APQS machines. I've rented time on Gammills and although I liked the machines, after a rotor cuff injury, decided that I needed the lightest machine head out there. I don't have a dealer (Gammill or APQS) in my state so I'm afraid I'll be writing in with lots of questions! Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mari

Mari

You don't need any spare parts to get started and I wouldn't imagine you'd need any for a while. You'll get bobbins and pre-wounds to try out plus needles. All you'll need is lots of batting and fabric to practice on!

The only extra I purchased was the Hartley base, because I knew I wanted to jump in and do ruler work.

I laughed recently where someone noted that you'll purchase far more gadgets than you need - LOL that is so true!

Regards, Judy

Mari, you will love your new Lenni! I've had one for a few months and I would suggest you buy some spare fuses. Get them at Radio Shack and have a couple on hand. I blew mine out the first time I used it....don't ask. ;-) I did buy an extra bobbin case just in case, and a pack of smaller needles. I'm starting to do more now and I'm going to get the Hartley base next, along with a couple of rulers.

Good luck!

Karen

The machine does not come with pins to pin the quilt to the leaders. Corsage pins work great - or t pins. You will need to buy them before you can play. Buy the magnetic bowl from Home Depot - $6 to keep them from falling all over the floor. You need alcohol - the black stuff needs to be tamed when you first get your table together.

Have fun.

Mari congrats on your new Lenni. You will have so much fun. I would recommend that you have some threads on hand, fabric, batting and just play a little. You will of course need the pins to attach the quilt to the machine. I prefer the corsage pins or the flower head pins. I use zippers now though to attach and I won't ever go back to pinning. I use a florist stapler to attach my fabric to the zippers. I stitch gross grain ribbon to the zippers so that will wear out and I'll just replace it when I need too. It works out wonderfully. You should get enough bobbins and other things with your machine to get started. Have fun.

Archived