Any suggestions of what to quilt

Backing fabric. Beautiful and just as busy. Doesn't need any help. Great for hiding those beginner mistakes. Not that I have any. lollol.

Believe I will do my first Baptist Fan. My Pantos are limited but I do have the Woodlands which I think would be great and I have the 13" Garden Patch but that's alot of work which I don't mind but I'm not sure that will show up with all this color change and busy fabric. I'm still thinking on it. Working Nights for four nights. I have time.

PS. I put my ZIPPER SYSTEM on today and I can't believe I waited to do this. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!. I thought they were EASY to install and I plan to order lots of extra ones for Quilts. With my type of job I can load zippers at work and also trace any patterns I need to on the top or trim Trapunto or whatever. I do alot of hand work at Night on my JOB. Tonight I take FOUR tops to load zippers and a bag of scraps that I just slice and dice for scrap strips. I just cut them up for piecing. No measureing concerns. I do this when I just want to piece and not think about any RULES when my is limited. FUN FUN. I am trying to get my Husband interested in this. No luck so far but I'm no quiter. LOL

post--13461897739346_thumb.jpg

Well using quilt pins (you know small diaper pins) I managed to get three tops ready to load when I wake up tomorrow. I hope and pray everything is square as I checked them quickly and in a rush. (I know bad idea).lol

Can't wait to see how it works out. Hopefully I'll get at least one completed before coming right back to work again. I work a 12 hr shift job. Long hours but I'm off 10 to 14 days a month which gives me lots of quilting time. Except when I have overtime which isn't often.

post--13461897739682_thumb.jpg

Grammie Tammie,

Baby Hayden is absolutely beautiful!

I miss the days of holding my boys, staring in awe at the miracle of perfection!

They grow so fast, hold & kiss her as often as you can, & make *lots* of quilts for your little princess!

Thanks for sharing Tammie!

You are Blessed! ;)

Hi Barb,

You can go to http://community.webshots.com/album/528348220SdUfag

to see some photo. Now pay no attention as to how messy my stitching them on the are. I was at a show setting up adn didn'e hve a lot of time. I just used the thread that was handy. Some day I will redo them, maybe. They still work great stitched on nicely or not. ;)

Myrna

Hi Myrna

Great pictures of your zippers! But I've a questions and I hope it's not a dumb one. If I'm seeing right, it looks like the leaders are in two parts, one attached to the machine nad has one half of the zipper sewn to it, and the other half of the zipper is sewn to another detachable leader which you can take anywhere, let's say you can sit at the table with it, to pin baste a quilt top to it. Do you understand what I'm trying to say.? :>) Then you can take that detached leader that you top is pin basted to and just zip that to the leader that is on the machine? Hope I got that right.

Let me know ok?

Thx

Rita

Hey Rita,:D

One half of the zippered leader is attached to your canvas on the machine, the other half is the half you pin the quilt backing, or quilt top to. No other leader is necessary.

Thus the beauty of sitting down to pin & prep your quilts, the efficiency comes when you are at the machine, zipping on & off your projects in a snap!;)

The directions for the installation & use are very clear with color pictures.

Contact me if you have questions or need the zippers etc.

I will put pictures in my web shots later today.

Thanks girls, I see what you've done now. Duh! :^)) I thought the whole idea was to get rid of using pins completely so that was what threw me off. Now I see that of course the one side of the zipper must be pinned to the backing or quilt top. All makes sense now. thanks very much and I'm ordering some today!

Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Rita

Archived