I'm going to order some of the Razzle Dazzle. I tried some of my embroidery Metallic and it keep breaking. I probly need a smaller needle also. I just wanted alittle in a christmas star so I will manage it but I don't like breaking threads. When I get home here in a bit I'm going to try once again.

Rita

http://community.webshots.com/album/547321664EVcvsp

http://community.webshots.com/album/429637278zDjfTm

Linda,

I had 3 changes one soild, one varigated and the razzle dazzle. I like doing this type of work. I call it fussy quilting. When I an couching I place the Razzle Dazzle, yard or what ever it may be own and stitch over it with

my machie is a slow speed. I adds another demention. I also like to do it around borders. I will show you in class. In the bobbin word desigh. It was just the Varigated Halo.

Tammie, When using metallic you may need to slow down a little and loosen your tension a bit as well. You will like using the RD, it is a bobbin thread. Of course you need to turn your quilt upside down then. And being so thick a bobbin does not go far, but its worth it. It is really thick so you can't run it through your needle.

Myrna

Oh my gosh Myrna, I just spent the last half hour looking at some of the quilts you've quilted on your website....what gorgeous work you do!

I see you've been quilting for a long time too and have had a lot of very beautiful quilts to quilt. I want to say lucky you, but I think your customers are even more lucky to have you work on their quilts.

I'm also a "senset" fan and take a lot of pictures of awesome sunsets here so I enjoyed that part of you webshots as well. Some of your shots gave me goosebumps and had my heart pounding. There's a couple that looks like hell is about to open up. brrrrrr

Rita

Myrna,

When couching, what are you using as the top thread. The Razzle Dazzle is in the Bobbin, Quilt upside down. Would it simple be the thread that matches whatever you are doing on the top? I'm going to play with this idea this week. I love it!!!!!

Would I do this as I go, or complete the quilt and then turn and go over what I previously quilted to add this effect to the quilt back?

Sorry, I always have too many questions!!:cool::cool::cool::mad:

Rita, Linda and Tammie,

Thank you Rita. I have been quilting for 6 years. I am very luck to have had many of beautiful quilts to work on, they are very inspiring.

I really enjoy the sunset. They were all take behind my house and yes some of them so looklike hell is about to open up. That evening was amazing to watch.

Linda,

When I do parallel lines or concentric arcs . I drag my threads and go back and cut them when I am finished with that row. Depending on the quilt I will travel in the ditch or stitch line to contunure the parallel lines. I do all the work with my Hartley Fence. And explanied and show how to do it im My Hartely Fence workbook. But you can use the design ideas on matter what tools you use.

Tammie,

When couching I am doing it on top as in the photo. http://community.webshots.com/album/547321664EVcvsp in this photo My regular thresd was a varigated bule that I was using in part of the design.

The second photo is bobbin work with Halos the thidr was a copper thread that i use on top which was my back.

Depending on the look I want, I will either match the Razzle Dazzle or I use one that is completely different. As an example, yesterday I was couching the purple RD with a lime green thread it was a yummy combination. Try all and see what you like. If I am doing bobbin work I use the RD in the Bobbin. Doing that I will turn the quilt upside down. You have many choices for this depending on what you are doing. If you are doing an all over design turn the quilt upsided down in the beginning. If you only want to use RD in a few areas such a block design or a flower. You will do the quilt, then turn it over and then quilt over the design you have already quilted with the rd in the bobbin. In the case I will use whatever thread to blend with the RD. You will be following the stitch line you have already quilted. Have I confused you. I will quilt up a sample and post it in a bit. Call me if you want me to explain more.

Myrna

Myrna,

Thanks so much for the above details. I love doing couching and bobbin work but haven't tried it on my longarm. But now I can see what I have been missing. I will definitely have to give it a try.

Your work is beautiful and we are blessed that you share it with us.

Char

Yes, whne I refer to bobbin I an meanig the thread I use in the bobbin if the thread I want on the front of my quilt. So I put that thread such as Razzle Daxxle or Halos. in the bobbin, turn the quilt upside odwn (so the toop is on hte botton. Then use whatever thread I would normally use in the bobbin on the machine. See photo

http://community.webshots.com/photo/547321664/2874326460034244157FHVsDD

the photos do not show how pretty it is. Hope this helps Pam

Archived