machine stopping

I have had trouble today with my Millie suddenly stopping while I'm quilting. I have checked the rubber wheels near the stitch regulator box and they seem to be OK. Is it possible that it is the batting? I am using a batting supplied by the customer. It is that asbestos looking fiber stuff. Feels a bit like angel hair we used to put on the Xmas tree. The machine seems to float over top of it instead of gliding on it? I usually use Arctic Bamboo or Dream Cotton. Any suggestions? P.S. Once I start the stitch regulator again the machine runs fine. It stopped about four times throughout the quilt.

Stops like you hit a button on accident (but didn't)? Or stops like it got caught on something?

If it's the first call Amy at APQS and tell her.

If it's the second move the machine without it stitching and bend over and see if anything hits. I've had my cord end up in weird places before and hang me up.

I know this will sound silly, but..... I had the same problem when I first got my Millie. Just couldn't figure out what was wrong with her! Then I realized that I was resting my fingers too near the buttons on the mushrooms - everytime the machine stopped, I had just shifted my hands a little and brushed a button. Once I made the conscious decision to move my hands away from the buttons once I was quilting along, everything worked like normal....:P

I have also had this problem - Christie had to walk me through checking to make sure the plug on the inner most computer chip board on the inside of the machine had a good connection. I had to bend the plug just the tiniest bit and all was fine. Would not do this unless Amy or Christie suggested and then only under their careful walk thru on the phone. There are 3 boards inside the back of the machine and this was the inner most board so had to take all 3 out and put all 3 back. Hope you have an easier fix!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I was amazed when Christie called me in Niagara Falls only moments after posting my problem. She suggested that I check the brushes and maybe blow out the motor. She e-mailed me the instructions (with great pics) immediately and I did what she suggested. The machine is working fine now. I was so impressed with the level of attention I was given from her and also from my new mechanical friends at the forum. Thanks.

Archived