Sherry Rogers Harrison Blizzard spoon method

meg_marsh

I marked a quilt recently with the purple air erase. I did come out. In fact, I had to re-mark one area because it faded out before I got it quilted! When I was in a hurry to remove the marks, I sprayed them with a little water and they got darker, then went away with the next spritz. I still tell customers (and have them sign a waiver) if I have to mark a quilt. They can come back, but I haven't had them cause a problem so far. I do tell them to wash them after.

Originally posted by meg_marsh

Bonnie - I knew you would have the answer - thanks - next question - I know Sherry uses the Marvey purple air erase - do they really air erase or do I have to worry about the batting and marks coming to the top??

Yes they come out very well...so well in fact I can't even use them here in NY...our humidity is so high that before you can mark a design it has already started to disappear.... there in CA you should have better luck (maybe)....I use to go through boxes of them in NV and loved them. In fact I didn't own any of the blue markers then because I was so scared that they would leave marks on my customers quilts, because of the heat there and I couldn't guarntee that they would go straight home and wash them.

Hi Meg

I use one red Blizzard spoonful per 48 oz. of water. I use a plant mister that I bought at the home improvment store in place of a spray bottle. This is much easier on your hands and you get a very fine misting of spray. WETTING the quilt is not nessasary, I mist and wipe as opposed to drenching the quilt. I also recomend using bottled water if your source of water is hard or has clorine added.

PS, the chocklate chunk pecan fudge with coconut and extra pecans has the best spoon!

Sherry,

First, thanks - this is in my favorites now. But really girl, you get funnier all the time - will have to try the the chocklate chunk pecan fudge with coconut and extra pecans - might even make my quilting better:P You think???

I wanted to know all this because I am getting closer to working on a feather quilt - it is all put together - 20 10" blocks. Want to do a different feather idea in each block........... I keep procrastinating, but it is on the design board and staring me in the face every day. Still working up my courage!!!!

Originally posted by Suezquilts

Sherri you are funny. I never have even had a blizzard, but may need to, to use this method it sound essential.

You deprived person.....run to the nearest Dairy Queen and indulge yourself....although Blizzards are GREAT...my all time personal fav is the Peanut Buster Parfay...with extra peanuts please..... Ya also get a spoon with that one as well.

Oh you guys are not helping! I love Blizzards but just can't have one now! I need to loose a dress size in the next 6 weeks! That is when the dress is coming in that I'm wearing to my son's wedding is coming in and I ordered a size smaller! LOL now that's incentive for loosing it isn't it?! 10 lbs should be very doable and that is my goal! I'd love to loose 15 by the time May rolls around!!!!! We'll see. I do think there is a DQ right down the street from where we'll be staying so I guess it will have to wait until then!!!!!

Archived