Machine just STOPS

qwltnldy

Ok. I can't take this anymore. A couple weeks ago, I started having problems with the machine just stopping for no reason in the middle of quilting. Talked to Christy and she had me go thru a series of tests, which took about a week. We eventually determined it was the boards. APQS sent out a set of (probably) reconditioned boards, during which time I lost a week of work time. Installed them last night. Quilted for 5 hours today and it was ok until just now when it DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now in the middle of a CUSTOM quilt that I am now going to have to quilt, tie off and bury threads when the damn thing stops again, and start again, over and over and over again.

OF COURSE IT'S FLIPPIN FRIDAY AND THERE IS NOBODY IN THE OFFICE TO HELP ME UNTIL MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Robin, I feel your pain and I wish I had a solution for you. Even though it's a Friday, and everyone is probably gone for the weekend, leave a message on the service line, and send e-mails to Amy and to service@apqs.com. You might just luck into someone who is working on the weekend. If not, you're no worse off.

I'm so sorry for all your problems - and in the middle of a custom quilt, no less!!:(

Hey, thanks you guys! It's Sunday now and my DH the engineer (ain't I lucky?) has checked out all the wiring. One thing he told me that I found very instructive about our machines is this: That they are really very simple. There are the circuit boards, (mother/daughter), the wiring, the driveshafts (top for needle and bottom for bobbin) and electrical connection. Since those are the basic components, the fact that it stops intermittently is only 1 of 3 things: circuit boards (which we now know is not the case here) wiring (he's checked all that now and tightened them all) or electrical connection. So, tomorrow when I get back after it, if it doesn't do it anymore, then I'll know he fixed it by tightening up the wiring connections. If it does, then he'll have to work next on the electrical connections. Wish me luck!

Archived