Help, please! Blown fuse or something else?

I was zinging away on a monster quilt (105 x 105). OK, actually my CQ was zinging and I was putting on a binding. The thread broke and I hit the abort button, obviously not soon enough. The machine stopped but kept buzzing. I had to turn it off and when I turned it back on, same thing. No needle up down. I took the front cover off and thread was wrapped like a rat's nest around the arm. I have removed most of thread and can get the needle up and down using the wheel, but still just buzzing when I turn the machine on.

I was on the last row with two thirds done. DRATS!!!!

Guess I'll check the fuse in the morning. Hope I have one in my emergency kit.

How do you remove all the thread from the moving parts? It was that fine Isacord and it really packed in there. I have the fly wheel cover but that didn't stop it from making it's way in by the slot where the arm comes out. I think I'll go play some Texas Hold Em and unwind....

Thx for listening.:cool::)

Norma, try taking a pin (flower head or corsage) and wriggle around in there to get some thread loosened. If you can safely squirt some WD 40 directly on the wrapped thread area, this could help loosen the fibers enough for you to wriggle in there with your sharp pin and get some of those threads broken free. Good luck!

PS: This has never happened to me except for around the bobbin spindle and I used WD 40 in there to help loosen up the threads. It worked.

Archived