Embroidered Quilt

Hi Birgitte,

By the time I finished this one, I wasn't too fond of embroidered quilts either ;) ! However, each block was beautifully shaded and cleanly outlined. The thread I used for the McTavishing was Bottom Line in ecru, and Signature Pixells was used in the pathways and outer borders.

Its easy to set up a webshots account; go to their website and look for a "set up account" button. It will cost you around $29.95. The hard part is inviting others to take a look at your work!:cool:

Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments on the embroidered quilt! :D After working on it for so long, you start to wonder if it really looks good or not! I wasn't sure about the pattern in the sashing, but it had to be something I could do without marking as there were so many. I liked doing the McTavishing around the flowers even though it took almost 20 minutes a block, and a dozen prewound bobbins. I'm very happy to be finished with this one!

• 3 weeks later...

Barbara, thank you so much for posting those wonderful pictures. I have a quilt made from vintage hand embroidered blocks and have been trying to decide how I could quilt it..........now I know exactly what to do !!

Thanks again

awesome work

arlene f

Archived