Most recent customer quilt

Patty Jo, thank you for answering my question. As a newbie, I get lost alot. I love my (new to me) Millennium, I had a HQ with a brother for about 5 years, but it isn't anything compared to "Bruno". I loved how you quilted this quilt, you inspire me. I hope someday to be able to show a quilt here with confidence. Thank you again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty Jo--I love what you did on this quilt (and I'm not talkin' about the Xhatching!!:P:o:P)

This quilt reminds me of the resurgence of quilting that happened at the Bicentennial. That's when I decided to try quilting. But family and job took over and I didn't get started until 1995!! Hey, what's 20 years??

Anyway, the graceful, appropriate , and lovely designs you chose for the blocks and sashing "moderned-up" this baby and elevated it way above the (dare I say it?) Eleanor Burns-style pieced quilt. You know--one with very little quilting and usually the quilting mimics hand-quilting designs.

It is lovely--and you made it that way!!!Great job!

Thank you all again for the kind words of encouragement. She was just going to have me stipple it "cause she was going to sell it". So, I encouraged her to let me do it up good and it would maybe sell better and so that's what she decided to let me do. I'm so glad. Stippling this whole quiilt would have worked, but now it sings a whole new song!!!:cool:

Patty Jo, I'm a little late in seeing your posted quilt, but I must say I am inspired by your choices of quilt designs in each block. Beautiful job on the entire quilt. I hope one day to quilt as well as you do. :D:D

Archived