Most recent customer quilt

this quilt took me forever, but it was so worth it when I finished. I used Linda R's cross hatch rulers on the center portion, and each block was treated individually. My customer, Nancy, started this quilt in 1987 and was so pleased to finially finish it. This quilt shows where she started from in her applique techniques and as a piecer as well. This was one of her first quilts and she was so please to finially get it quilted. For all of the time that she spent on this thru the years, she is going to be sending this one to the Sisters Quilt show and try and sell it, so if your going to Sisters this year you might keep your eyes open if your interested in it. I'm really please with how this quilt turned out. The cross hatch rulers were amazing to work with. So very easy, thank you Linda & Denny for being so creative to make my job easier. And another thank you to Darlene Epp for her "little books" as I used them several times to help me decide what to do on the next block. Nancy and her DH were still oooohhhhing and awwwwing as they left. Here are some pictures of her quilt.

2312603410094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2033498920094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2389711730094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2583304210094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2714078150094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2281298260094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Coleen and Barb - Coleen, after taking my class from Karen McT last fall at Innovations, I don't think that she would call it McT'ing, but it sort of kind of is my version of it. So I guess the answer is yes.... I think that my customer was amazed that it turned out so well as she wasn't even sure she wanted to spend the $$ to have it quilted. I still have 4 more of her quilts to do this spring. :cool:

Patty Jo, did you make your crosshatching continuous? or did you tie off at each line, each end? I've done it both ways and try to make it continuous when I can. That's a lot of crosshatching, thus a lot of tie offs. What did you do?

I know the colors must be beautiful in person--I'll look for it at Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. Beautiful!

nice job Patty Jo

I ordered my cross hatching ruler and can't wait to try it out. did you have to pre-measure your lines and mark them with something. Just wondering as I didn't see any markings on the rulers to measure with. I cant believe that your client wants to sell this quilt after all the time it took her to finally finish it. you did a lovely job and used all kinds of interesting quilting techniques. Beautiful

Patty, it's absolutely gorgeous. So sweet! I love all the special quilting touches you added to the individual blocks and borders...

Frankly, if it were me, I could not bear to sell this quilt. It's too much part of me after 30++ years in the making! Maybe it will grow on her and she'll change her mind and keep it. It deserves to be loved by its maker. :)

PattyJo,

That's really a neat quilt and great quilting. I hope I can do that someday. I would still be deciding what to quilt on the first block.

So, now it looks like I need Linda's rulers and Darlene's little books. Someday, I'm going to have to stop buying and start profiting! You girls are just like my two sisters...I always think I have to keep up with them in the notions department...and now I have to keep up with you girls, too. I'll never get in the black!

Oh Patty Jo your quilting is outstanding!! I love what you did to each and every block to make it stand out. You really did a great job and it looks awesome. I don't see how she can sell it after all those yrs of working on it and the beautiful job you did quilting it. I love it!!

Renae

Dory, I used a light blue bottom line for both top and bottom on all the quilt except for the white muslin in the center. There I used white So fine and bottom line. ;)

Bonnie - yes, I tied off at the end of each line of the cross hatching, but it was so much easier with the rulers that Linda R makes. If you know me at all, you know that rulers are not my friends, and this made it so much better.;)

Jeanne - I used some of the very light weight see thru tape that you can get to put on rulers and measured it for 1 1/4". If the truth were known, I wanted a 1" grid, but I forgot to allow for the 1/4" hopping foot, and I didn't want to frog my mistake, so I made it all the same. I didn't mark, but as I got to the final spaces, I just fudged it a bit so that the last couple of lines were a bit less than the 1 1/4". I suppose that isn't the way to do that, but I'm a fly by the seat of my pants person and perfection isn't me sooo that's how I did it. Not very scientific but I don't think that most people would see where they are a little off! Unless your like me and open you big mouth and tell everyone....;)

Gail - Yes I got them from Linda Rech here on the chat. The time that they saved me is more that worth the amount that they cost!!! A very good investment. ;)

and thank you all for you kind words. It always makes me feel so good when the people that I look up to and get my ideas from like what I do. You are all such a support to me and so affirming to what I love to do. Thanks:cool:

Archived