Ideas Welcome

My LQS owner wants this wall hanging quilted. Desperately seeking ideas - my mind has gone blank which seems to be happening a lot these days. She doesn't think she wants any stitching in the sashing but if she insists, I won't be quilting it for her!! The rectangles range from approximately 1" X1" to 1X4. And any suggestions on thread colour would also be beneficial. Any and all ideas welcome!

Bev

post--13461901436071_thumb.jpg

When looking at the top, the optical illusion is almost overwhelming--it looks like the top bends in the middle like it is laying on a couch.

Anyway, the darkest blue stands out over all the rest of the colors and I would stitch a close design (pearls, ribbon candy, something) marching down the dark blue. That will set apart the different segments of color while giving the eye a place to land on. Then you have a place to start with the other colors--following the blocks of color with a softer design as suggested above--feathers, soft swoops, even a more open fill like a medium peacock feather fill. Even just stitching the places where the colors change and then echoing that line would be very effective.

I would suggest you load it sideways so you can follow all the color segments from top to bottom without changing thread color or doing a lot of starts and stops. Just my 2 cents (an inch) here!

Archived