Poor Me

Today was the first day of my group's quilt retreat at a beautiful nearby mountain retreat. But there is a blizzard. All my sewing stuff is packed for the retreat. I should have gone down and quilted a quilt but I"M BURNED OUT! Even the dogs are crazy! Hopefully, we'll be able to head out tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong. I love snow days! But just not TODAY!

Donna

Donna,

So sorry to hear your retreat was cancelled. We experienced the blizzard here yesterday too. We have drifts almost two feet tall in my yard. What happened to spring? Oh yeah, we live in the Rockies. We might get some sunshine today, but not til later in the afternoon. I'm finishing up a couple of wall hanging tops today, then maybe I can go downstairs and practice on my LA. Here's hoping for better weather this weekend.

Hey do you guys want me to give you a heads up next time. It hit here and then went your way. You must have gotten most of our snow, we have some, but it mostly blew away, only small drifts. Closed the interstate as usual. They call it spring time in the Rockies. I seen somewhere a gal in Idaho getting it. So I knew it was coming.

Our sun is out and it is melting, so help is on the way.

Shirley

Wyoming

Well, I finally got up there around noon on Friday. I got a lot done, 13 various BOM monthly blocks, as well as a quilt for my son and the blocks done for a Kansas Troubles queen sized quilt. About 8 hours of sleep over two nights. We retreat in November and March and have just added an August date.

Back to my Milli tomorrow, with a full schedule this week.

Shirley, isn't that how Nebraska gets all its snow, it falls in Wyoming and blows east? You've gotta love the wind!

Donna

Archived