I have had a revelation!!

Mary Beth

Did you know there are 2 different blue painters tapes? There is (3M) blue painters tape #2080 for delicate surfaces, and there is blue painters tape #2090 for multi surfaces.

I was using my 7-Treasures template yesterday and noticed that my template was moving slightly. I do use shelf liner under the template and had blue painters tape every 4" - 5" so I started thinking maybe I am stronger than I thought and need to tone it down just a bit ;) .

After I finished the quilt I asked DH about the tape and he said that he thought there was a tape that was a bit tackier that was for getting a really crisp line when painting.

I emailed JudyL because her DH works for 3M and I remembered her mentioning the blue tape in conversation over dinner one night (quilt talk). She told me she had #2090, and her templates do not move. That got me to thinking so I looked it up on the internet and sure enough...

I say all of that....to say this...get the #2090 for multi surfaces ;)

I know that the purple doesn't stick real well. Ask me how I know that wonderful fact .:D I complain all the time to DH about it but he just won't go to the store and buy the heavier kind. I figured since I had stolen his he would replace it with the right stuff. I guess I'll just have to tag along to Lowes and slip it into the buggy like he does to me at the grocery store.:D :D That'll teach him. Glenda

I am with Bonnie............ when I read the heady I thought Uhhh Uhh!!! What has Mary Beth been up to now.

I get the same trepidation when my DH looks at ame with a far away look and says:

"I have had a thought!" Always very dangerous, normally requiring a lot of tactful NO's spelt out in different ways!!:P

Regards,

Archived