Borders or body of quilt first

We have frogged that donky butt quilt, and after the measureing is all off, decided to heck with it, we'd meander inside the green border, vine and loop the green border and put piano keys in the final border. My Question is:

Do I meander this first or do the borders first?

I just want it done and the quickest way.

Many thanks for help.

RitaR

I do the center or the body of the quilt first and then work to the borders if I am doing a special treatment to the borders that need to be measured.

If they don't need to be measured and you are doing just a general design, I then start at the top do all of that border and then work left to right down the quilt.

If I am leaving the borders for last I stitch down the sides and any SID work as I go down so its all flat and ready for the next step whatever it is.

Mary Beth that's not different...I just said it differently...I do the top border, center, but I stitch down the sides as I go and if there are any SID in outside borders, and then the bottom...then flip if I am needing to make a measured border.

Almost done.. just the binding to go.

I meandered the center, gosh it was hard to tell where I'd stitched in the light green triangles.. himself put two clamp on lights on the frame for me, turned off overhead lights and it made it much easier.

Got the two borders done, freehanded the piano keys and the green strip of vine and loops.. some places more loops than others.

I have to say the meander and piano keys really helped the quilt.. Still no beauty.

Will get the binding on in the morning and get picts of it.

The back is pretty nice.. the thread we used was almost an EXACT match to the backing.. sure couldn't frog from that side.

RitaR

Archived