To come or not to come

OK, all of you MQSers. I can't come on the weekdays because of work but I'm thinking of driving down from Omaha on Saturday. Do you think it would be worth the drive for just one day? I know it's too late to get into any classes anyway but I've never been sooooo.

Julie...I would think even for one day it would be a great thing. I know when I go to MQX I meet tons of people who have only come for just the day and they cram it all in one day. SO I would say go for it...it will be a long day, but would think it would be worth it.

The quilts are usually inspiring to see. I think it would be fun if you have the time, don't mind the drive and have the money. Often there are people who are looking to get out of taking a class, post it on a board there so you can often pick up a class at the last minute.

I always find going to a major show motivates me and my quilting.:D

Just my humble opinion.

I, too, am coming for just one day. Do I understand it correctly, that aside from classes, it starts on Wednesday, May 13? Something I read/saw lead me to believe it started on Thursday. If I come on Wednesday will I be able to view the quilts and visit the vendor's mall? This will be my first visit to the MQS. Thanks!

Julie,

Yes, come for one day. Get here early! The vendor mall is open and you will be able to view the quilts. Oh, and bring money! You can take photos of the quilts, or just buy the DVD/CD whatever it is, of very detailed pictures of each quilt. A great thing to have for inspiration.

Carmen,

Yes, there are hands on classes starting on Monday and going through Tuesday, then on Wednesday other classes start, lectures, some hands on, some demo/lecture.....and at 3:00 pm (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) the vendor mall/quilt show will open. That is when we all get to go in and view the quilts for the first time and start spending our cash faster than you can ever imagine :D:P

Archived