Reloading a finished quilt???

quiltaholi_518

Oh, dear!

I am sure this has happenned to others before, but I got a call from a lady that told me after binding AND hanging, she noticed some missing quilting on the sashing strips of a quilt. Well, at least we BOTH missed it. Anyway, I may be able to fudge it on my DSM, but if not, do I just reload onto my zippers, and hope it's not too saggy/wonky?

:( so embarrassed!:P

If it is a small area I would mark and use my domestic machine by lowering the feed dogs and doing it free motion.

The other day I just thought I would add something after I had finished a quilt and I pinned to zipper with safety pins and just let it hang on backing level. The clamps held it just fine for the area I wanted to add to.

I'm just a newbie but there it is.

Hi Caron

That's one of the questions I have for Darlene. :^)

I had this top to do for a customer so I have to remove the practice sheet I had loaded. Well, it's only half quilted and I'd liek to finish it so I was wondering how on earth I'm going to reload it. There must be a way, I just have to figure it out.

I'm sure others have had to do this cause what happens if you end up with a mess of threads under the quilt...do you have to remove the whole top, all layers, to get at the backing to remove the mess of threads. I've not had to do that yet but I'm sure it's in my future somewhere. :(

Rita

I have repinned a quilt to the leaders (even with having zippers on the leaders. It was just easier to pin and you can space the pins further apart.

It will be a little "wonky", but just tighten the rollers and tuck a little batting it need be. The area can then be stitched very easily.

I once had to do this on a smaller quilt while the customer just stood there and watched,lol.

I definitely have the oops miss a small area problem, even when I have really scanned.:)

HTH

Archived