How to Use Zig Zag Template

gable428

Hey Circle Lord experts. I cannot figure out how to use the Zig Zag template. I have printed all the different things to do from the Loricles Website, but do not understand. I'm confused about the different holes at the bottom of the template and the actual rows of the designs. Can someone help my little pea brain to understand? Thank you!

Did you get the CL handout for the zigzag? It explains the shifting required to interlock designs. You have to use the black piece of plastic (comes with the zz) with a special pin sticking up. The pin fits into one of the holes drilled on the ZZ template. Like you do odd rows using pin x and shift to pin y to do even rows.

I have the handout. I can scan if you like and email it to you. U2U me with you email address.

Mary Beth, I want to try the Lips pattern. Linda, I did not get a handout. I bought this template from a private party and only received the templates, no pins.

Linda, my email address is litlquilter@comcast.net. That would be great if you could scan and email to me. Very much appreciated. I guess I should probably call Michael regarding ordering the pins.

I did not know there are pins to use, I bought mine from a private party also, no pins, I hope to talk to Michael and Kay at MQS.

I have been using my zig zag no problem, I interlocked the 3 piece boards and then tape the edges to my table using blue painters tape.

Corey

With the Zig-Zag pattern you do not tape it to the table because you need to be able to change the position for each pattern you do. Each pattern will have you slide the board to a specific number to create the pattern selected.

Yes, you need a pin in the little black plate that comes with the board. The black plate is taped to the table, with the pin in the whole in the plate. Then on the end of the pattern board you see a row of holes. you need to number the holes then put the pin in the designated hole for that pattern. If you are planning to talk to Michael about it when you get to MQS, he will be able to show you what you need to do. The patten handout sheet is a must!

Glenda, no I have pins in the center of my circle templates so I am using one of those.

Hi,

There are instructions and examples of ZZ patterns at:

http://circlelordzigzag.blogspot.com/

The mounting instructions and pattern designs are at the end.

You can click on the Pattern drawing and then print it out.

I will bring some pin plates to MQS. If you want one by post,

just write.

When you have read the instructions, you must work on a practice piece to really see the tremendous power of this template.

This isn't rocket science. However, the Excel pattern program was written by a NASA rocket scientist, Gary Covington III.

I have published most of the useable patterns in the Blog.

Here is a " Lips " quilt by Carol Lyon

You can see Carol's Circle Lord work at Carol's Webshots

Cheers,

Michael

I didn't think this was a template that I was going to think about ordering, but now after looking at some of the possibilities I'll have to give a second thought!!! I'll think for a long while though until our Cdn$ is a bit better:o...maybe later this year, I hope!

Mary Beth...as mentioned on another post this past week...wouldn't it be lovely if we could hire your services to do demos for us in our homes? Of course, you'd need a quick way to get from place to place, maybe John Travolta could take you around in his jet to each of your teaching engagements :cool:

Originally posted by SandraC

Mary Beth...as mentioned on another post this past week...wouldn't it be lovely if we could hire your services to do demos for us in our homes? Of course, you'd need a quick way to get from place to place, maybe John Travolta could take you around in his jet to each of your teaching engagements :cool:

Ooohh, yes John Travolta....that would be fun! I do fly for free on Southwest Airlines...so getting there wouldn't be a problem really...it's getting time off work, if needed...and I eat and sleep...;) How about a class fee, that would pay for my keep...then you could invite your quilty friends...that would be a hoot!!

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Beth, I received the little black pin plate from Michael. I'm good to go on tryin the Lips pattern except I cannot for the life of me understand the instructions. You explained it a little bit in a post above, but can you break it down for me as if I was a five year old? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived