Essential Thread ?

Quite a few long-armers have shared that they've used Essential so I thought I'd give it a try. I just finished using Aurifil on the bunny quilt and it quilted great but did cause more lint than the So Fine (which I love!).

I'll let ya'll know when I get Big Bertha back from Iowa and try the thread (getting a check up).

I have used it on my Millie. It is linty, but I have not had any issues use it other than cleaning out the bobbin more often then with other threads. I thread like I do when I use KT, I go in the top thread guide and skip the secone one then out the third one and loosen my upper tension. I have not bought any cones, I am still using cones from when the thread first came out.

If you use Sewers Aid on the linty type threads you won't get as much lint....it also will lub the tension rings a bit so you may have to play with the tension, but its worth the not having to stop and blow out the bobbin area after each one.

I have not used a thread net. I even loaded the spool on the back cone holder and not my horizontal spool holder. I have used it a lot on charity quilts as I have it in tons of colors and it was inexpensive. I've used it on at least 20 quilts in the last 4 months.

Bonnie, I have not tried the Sewer's Aid, but it would be worth a try if it cuts down the lint. When I use this thread I blow my bobbing area out every bobbin change due to the amount of lint. I have not had any issue with breakage. And I have a compressor so it is not a huge hassle to blow out the bobbin area.

I usually blow out my bobbin area every 2nd or 3rd bobbin change anyway. So depending on density of quilt and size of quilt 1-4 times per quilt.

Archived