Where is everyone

Hi Bonnie

Yes my hubby goes to work for 2 weeks and then he is home for 2. I love it when he comes ome, but I am also glad when he goes back to work, so I can do "my" things again.

The dyeing Aunt Quilt is just a simple charm square quilt in the primary colors of red, blue, green, white & yellow. No I didn't take pictures it was nothing special, and the quiltng was just freehand in a wirly twirly meander with variegated thread, that makes it look really nice. The Lady who ordered it said that is what her Aunt wanted, so that is what she got.

Here is a picture of a king size custom order I just finished complete with shams and accent cushion

post--13461901749534_thumb.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, This has been a busy couple of months. My mother moved in with us and is diffinately different. Between Dr visits, cleaning, quilting, cooking, running errands, dog sitting a sick dog, doing gardening, checking diabetic supplies and meal prep, medicine dispensing(allot), home health visitors, Mom is in a hoveround and is not able to walk freely without a walker, which makes things more difficult. She is 82. There is more then usual days of work to do and not enough time in a day to do them. I am taking a day off to go to MQS on wednesday. :cool::cool::cool: I still made 2 tops for family.

Monika...I am so glad to hear that you are so busy that you can't get any of your OWN stuff done.....look back to 12-18 months ago and maybe it wasn't even that far back that you had your machine up for sale, because you couldn't find any work.... Look at you now!!! AND congrates for sticking with it and finding the answers of not only staying, but getting a newer machine.:P:cool::)

Thanks Bonnie, isn't it marvelous when we get our second wind? it is so easy to give up, but then I was overwhelmed with health problems and financial problems as well. Life has smoothed out some, i have done alot of networking, and although I have very little "local" work, what i have from far away is definately worth it. i didn't compromise on my pricing, I sell batting to my customers at quilt store prices (I buy wholesale) and my customer base is increasing. I have been asked to do a workshop at a Quilter's guild, and i will be having workshops once my studio is done. A big order for an old broad, but....i am up to the challenge. I am not yet 6 ft under!

You girls crack me up! It's always a good day when you can begin with a smile!:D

Monika, that ensemble is beautiful. Lots of color and interesting fabrics. You sound like you have a great formula and business model that works for you. Congratulations!

I guess that using busy fabrics and choosing an easy block arrangement would be fast in the making. "Just Can't Cut It" is a favorite of one of my customers. If I scale it down, I could use remnants and scraps and get it done in a hurry. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration. I know how long it takes to do a quilt of my own between customer quilts. I admire you for having an Etsy store and keeping it stocked! What a challenge.

Boni for the Quilts I sell I use the Turning Twenty Pattern, Yellow brick Road (and do my own thing with it) and several other fast and pleasing patterns. Charm Square Quilts are a favorite of my customers. The nice thing is, I can make it fast, dress it up with outstanding machine quilting, and keep the price affordable, or economical, however you want to look at it. I buy Fabric mostly moda, at wholesale as well as everything else. So my material cost is reasonable, I add 10% for Etsy & PayPal fees, the customer pays shipping, and I make a nice hourly wage, and I am not talking minimum either. It is a win win situation. However.....the advertising is not cheap, marketing is very time consuming. I spend about 4-6 hours on the internet every day. Good thing I don't need much sleep!

BTW I am aslo capable of making some really nice and intricate pieced Quilts. Did you see this one?

post--13461901751278_thumb.jpg

Archived