Any Ideas for quilting Judy Niemeyer's Cactus Rose?

We have just been given the opportunity to custom quilt this beautiful pattern by Judy Niemeyer, "The Cactus Rose." The quilt measures 98X98 and is stunning. Has anyone done one of these and if so, would you be willing to share pictures or offer suggestions?

I have quilted the Cactus Rose, but I don't know how to attach a photo. I kept it simple. SID and outlined the applique. A ferny fill in the background to make the designs float. I wanted the appliques and narrow border to pop out. If I can figure out how to attach a photo, I will. Maybe someone can help me here....

Many thanks to all of you for your ideas and encouragement... especially Shannon, who posted awesome photos! This quilt is due to be on Miss Ruthie, my Millenium, in about 3 weeks and I am really excited now. If anyone else would like to add ideas or photos or websites, I'm eager to listen!

It's so funny to actually be writing all of you. For over a year, I've been reading the posts (like a voyeur...:P) and learning so much from all of you! Now, I've actually taken the plunge and actually posted something. Thanks for being so sweet, everyone!

Blessings!

Lin

linsq1

A word of advice, when you are quilting this, make sure to avoid the area where all the seems come together. They break needles very easily. I broke three, then I was gunshy and would go very very slow in these areas. Maybe even try needle up, then needle down, then needle up, etc. Hope this helps.

Archived