Thread choice

I'm not sure I am posting this under the correct topic, but I need help. I am getting ready to quilt a customer quilt, that is a sampler; Thimbleberries; very scapy with douple borders, all different fabrics. The background of each block is almost white, but not quite. The backing fabric is almost a forest green. My first thought was go with the forest green, then I thought I would need to use burgandy over the blocks that were burgandy, gold on gold, blue on blue, etc. Then I decided on Mother Goose because it blends so well, but what would that do to the back of the quilt. :( Maybe I am thinking too much!;) Help!!

Mary Beth

I have been getting in a lot of Thimbleberries "Month By Month" sampler quilts latley some of the snowbirds did this pattern while they were here this past winter in their quilt group. Any ways the most requested type of quilting they kept choosing was a panto called inkblot by willow leaf studios and the thread colors chosen are neautrals for the top thread so it didn't take away from the different block detail and for the bobbin thread a color that matched their backings. I have a couple of pics of them on my website at http://www.geckoquilts.com under customer quilts.

I have another one of these quilts currently on my machine now, lots of burgandy, dark green and gold fabrics with a light beige background fabric. The customer choose a solid gold thread for the top (Superior so fine).

Hope this helps.

Joann

Mary Beth, Sometimes I use a thinner thread on the backing that blends with the top thread color (avoids pokies showing) ie. a 50 wt or Bottom Line. By using the thinner bobbin thread it hides those starts and stops and any where you have to backtrack. jeri

I've heard of this "Mother Goose" before...people seem to think highly of it. Is it the Signature brand, is it solid or variegated...what makes it a good colour? I've never used Signature.:oTell me more!!!

I do find that medium gold is a popular colour lately in a lot of quilts.

Sandra

Archived