Am I doing this right?

Hi Sylvia--

As you stitch to the end of the line and need to change direction, just stop with the needle down (do not stop the machine) re-position the ruler and stitch down the next ditch. If you hold the handle firmly while you move the ruler, the foot should stay in place and not take any more stitches. I start with needle down so if I do need to make a precise direction change and stop the machine in a corner, I have a pivot point.

As far as burning out a button--as soon as I say this, I will jinx myself:P--I think our industrial machines are built to be used for hours and days without trouble. Find a method that works for you and use it all you want. I bet as you work you way through millions of snowball blocks you will get so fast that you won't even stop at the corners!!:P

Mine never turns off unless I hit the off button - just keeps on beeping at me - so just go to the end of your line, move the ruler and off you go again. You should be able to get into a rhythm of moving the ruler as you end each line and repositioning the ruler.

I don't think its possible to burn out a button like this with normal use and you are doing just that....but as Linda stated, if you sit very still and don't even breath on your handles, you can repossion your ruler and go a different direction if it really concerns you.

Ok I am getting better at this keeping it running stuff. I am also getting better at the ruler stitching. I am still making bobbles but mostly I can control my rules and just stitch with my right hand. Whew. If I didn't have you all to keep me in line I'd be lost. Good to know when you do it correctly and when you don't. Thanks to all!!!

Archived