Type of thread used for T-shirt quilt

Text

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a little info on my experience with my first real T-shirt quilt. It turned out to be almost a queen size quilt with sashings and borders. I used Quilter's Dream Poly Select loft (Midnight Black) and Superior Monopoly thread for both the top and bobbin thread. I used the horizontal spool holder, one thread tension hole, loosened both the top and bobbin tension, a 3.5 needle and went slower than I normally would. I did an overall medium/large stipple/meander and didn't have one problem! The quilt came out beautiful, the tension was perfect and the quilting blended in to make the t-shirts stand out. I'll try to post a picture soon.

I know people are always looking for info here about various topics and wanted to relay my information.

Thanks everyone!

Roseann Noll

Phoenix Rose Quilts

Elysburg, PA

Hi Roseann. It sounds like you covered all the basis and have a beautiful quilt to show for it. I'm looking forward to getting to see a picture!

BTW - Welcome to the forum. I see that you've been here a few months, but this is the first post that I've seen from you. I hope to see you here more often. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Finallly here's puctures of this quilt. I included closeups so that everyone could see how my Millie quilted through even tough rubbery shirts. This quilt was for a raffle for a National Tae Kwon Do test held in our area in June. The t-shirts were from all over the country. Someone from our local TKD school ended up winning it! Enjoy!

Roseann Noll

Oh my gosh!!

I finally did it! Making & quilting this quilt was far easier than getting the pictures on. I guess I should have had my kids do it. The pictures wouls have been posted a long time ago!

Well enjoy!!

Roseann

Archived