A HUGE THANK YOU TO AMY

Amy,

Today is the first day I have been able to use my machine since MQS.

Holy cow!!! I had no idea my machine could stitch like this. It feels like a new machine. I have adjusted my wheels and they feel so much better. I removed the thread cutter. Checked my table and did some tweaking. After all that and all the "make over" that you gave my Mille....things are 100% better.

And to think....I was very close to selling her to buy something different....I'm still tempted by that Quilt Glide....

Thank you Amy for all of your hard work and the time you spent getting my machine overhauled!!

Great news, MB! I was waiting to hear how your machine was behaving after it got the ultimate spa treatment from Amy. I am so glad all worked out.

We are so lucky to have the support we get with these machines. I know some day Madeliene will need to get the spa treatment from Amy, too, but right now she's performing perfectly, as she always has.

Now Mary Beth, I want to see some of your quilts. So get bizzzzzzy. :)

PS: I didn't get to spend much time with you at MQS, mostly fly by waving and small talk, because of course, I packed too much in (again) and no time to really breathe. But it sure was great to see you and the girls again. My sisters. Love you!! :)

Shana,

It is always fun just to be in the same area you are :) I'm was happy to see you during MQS. We didn't get to visit but I tell myself...you guys are not here to visit with me ;) You are here to soak in the great quilting and knowledge of these great teachers.

I am so surprised at how quiet my machine is. Wow, she was loud before. She was half a tank low on grease :o Who knew? I was waiting to hear clanking...no clanking...just loud. Now she purrs like a kitten :)

I have 3 customer quilts to finish. Then I have a truck load of family quilts to do. I am planning to get them together and enter them into some shows this year. We will see. I'll let you know ;)

Hi Roxanne,

I have had my Millie for a little over 5 years and she has never had a check up. I thought it was time to get her in and have her checked out to see what problems she might be having internally that I couldn't see. She did have a cracked something that would have caused the motor to run away with itself, eventually. So I think we checked it out in time. Amy gave her a major overhaul from top to bottom. My thread cutter has jammed and then I couldn't get it working again. So that had been unplugged for months. Amy fixed that too, but I had learned to stop using it so when I got the machine sat back up, I took the thread cutter off. I am having shoulder and arm problems - not related to quilting, but it's probably not helping - so I wanted to lighten the load on my machine. When I removed the thread cutter it helped considerably. Then I had to get a different extended base for ruler work. Fortunatly for me, Donna couldn't get her's back in her suitcase after she shopped at MQS :D She wanted me to "hold" it for her....Hey, on second thought....she is an APQS rep....I think she is doing some soft sales here.....that Donna!!!

:) I'm adding my thanks to Amy & Christie, I sent my Millie in to be checked out and didn't realize how many things were 'off' with her! Thanks to the Spa treatment at APQS she is running like a new machine, so much quieter and the stitches are perfect now! :cool: Thank you!

I waited until Millie was almost 4 years old, considering how many quilts I've quilted since I got her it was a tad too long. Make sure to keep a record of your time on your machine so that you know when to have it serviced. On that note I'd love an hour meter to keep track of how long I run my Millie!

Meg, it's easy peasey to do!

See the 4 holes on the left side of the thread cutter? (They may have those plastic cover ups on them..if so, pop em off!)

Get a long neck'd screw driver, and you can get to 3 of them easy. The one screw, will be kinda behind the thread cutter itself, so, from the front of the machine, just unloosen the nut/bolt on the thread cutter, then you can get to that screw. Once that's off, you just unplug the cutter (black wire) then tape that black wire to the base of your millie. Let me search for a pic for you. THAT's IT! Like 2 minutes, and your DONE!

Archived