Featured quilter

I was asked by the president of our quilt guild to be the featured quilter at our quilt show. Whoo hoo!!

Now, the question is, besides taking a few quilts to show and selling my patterns, taking brochures........what else can I do?? Maybe some demos on how to properly apply borders, how to press correctly?

Any ideas will be most welcome.

How great for you, Sharon! Congrats--being chosen is an honor!

Our Guild quilt show always has a featured quilter. She displays a wide range of her work, may have a write-up explaining her quilting journey for those interested, and chats with the admiring public. She is "Diva-for-a-Day" ( actually, two days with our show) She does not do demos--that information-sharing is done by others guild members.

Does this sound too snobby? It is quite a big deal to be elected featured quilter in our guild, and she deserves the pampering she gets--including lunch and a helper if she needs one. And just chatting with the public and answering questions can be exhausting. If you have energy to spare, do your favorite demo--but know they are there to view your work (art?) not take lessons!;)

Your call of course--just my 2 cents.

Archived