how to fold fq stars?

Isn't it just triangles layered to look like a star?

Fold a strip and begin a corner fold at one end, then continue much like folding a flag. Then stack them alternately to make the star. On the last fold, tuck the flap inside.

This may not be the star you're looking for, but it's the one I'm thinking of.

post--13461901911445_thumb.jpg

For the tying part, we use to use a thin or tiny ribbon and wraped it around the "V" areas of the star and finished with a bow in the back that had a tag hanging off it that had the price how many fat quarters were in there.

Those ARE cool fabrics... thanks for the pics.

I'm sorry, I know I didn't specify, but the one they saw was shaped more like the Ohio Square block, rather than the Star of David shape?

this should be a book.... like napkin folding!

thanks!

Holly I had some too that my DIL got me and I did take them apart so I am of no help. I like learning how to make the star shown here so I can put together a nicer looking present than just plain fat quarters in a box

Charlotte....its a huge craft store chain that has a few stores in NY, but they are way further south of us...I think mostly down around Long Island area. I have been in them in Montana, Wyoming and Utah...and there was one when I first got here in Milford area of CT, but its not here now.

They are a cross between Michaels, The old Ben Franklins, and the craft area of JoAnns.

www.hobbylobby.com

Archived