Edgeriders and great service!!!

Just thought I would give a little plug for Katydids--(Patty)

and her Edgeriders dealership!!

She is awesome and very prompt with mailing!!

I ordered my wheels through her shopping cart on a Monday and received them on Wednesday and my DH installed them in 1 1/2 hours that night!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the wheels!!

I knew that I needed new wheels as my DH couldn't get the two front rail wheels tight enough anymore and I had serious wobbling issues. Along with several flat spot while quilting. Now that is all gone!!! Should have done this sooner!!

The first quilt I put on after installing the wheels was all SID--and it is really possible to do this without using a ruler!!

Anyway--just thought I would let anybody elses thinking about new wheels to check out Katydids for great service!!

Terri,

I have a couple of questions for you on the ER wheels. I am considering this to be my next "upgrade". I, too, have a Freedom, and thus far, I am pretty happy with it's performance. But anything to improve my performance.:P

First, what is the site you ordered from?

I have two homemade tech (DH and my dear Dad) who accomodate wonderfully the tweaks I make to my Freedom. Your husband the install in 1 1/2 hours......

How complicated was it?

Was the manual easy to follow?

Does it feel real loosey, goosey to you?

Thanks for the information!!!

Aloha,

Barbara

About time one of us APQS people re-did those instructions.

WTG Katy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've walked several people thru the installation, but have never "re-done" the dang brochure.

Awsome Awsome product, awful original instructions.

Hawaii Barb: YOU NEED TO GET THESE WHEELS! THEY ARE....PERFECT, WONDERFUL, THE BEST THING EVER....YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Barb--

Katydids is a fellow APQS chatter. Her website is http://www.katydids.net/ .

As far as how complicated--I don't have a SR so I can't comment on that part--but the other was nothing to it!! He just took the old ones off--left off the spacer that was on mine--and put the new ones on. I of course just watched and handed him tools!:):)

It does feel much different--but I am finding that I must have had a death grip on my handles before--now it just takes a VERY light touch holding the handles--and I have noticed that my hands don't hurt at night anymore.

My machine head was wobbling--and when DH looked at the wheels he took off he said that the rail wheels were very wore down. He is a farmer and liked the double bearings that the ER have as compared to only a single in the standard wheels. He tells me that double bearings will keep these wheels solid much longer.

Any ways that is what I have.

Guest Linda S

I have a chance to buy a minimally used pair of edgeriders that a friend had for a Ult 1. Does anyone know if they will fit a Liberty? Are our wheel sizes different, or it is just the channel lock thing that is different?

Linda

Linda

If it is an Ult. 1 they will fit your Liberty... If it is an Ult 11, then the wheels are different and won't work. You will need to get some extra washers and the instructions for the Stitch regulated machines. If you get them, I can email the instructions as the old instructions did not have the Stitch regulators included. Or you can print it from the edgerider website.

Hi Barbara,

:):):) Good to run into you here on this topic. Kingsman Quilting has the Edgerider Wheels. Here is a direct link ( I hope)

http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/Parts/Wheels.asp

I put them on my older Ultimate II a few years ago, that along with Sheri B.'s Ultimate foot (Thanks Sheri!) are the best improvements I've made to my machine!

Hard to explain the feeling of Edgrider wheels except to say they are like quilting on a cloud, or moving the machine around on butter! :)

EdgeRiders.....

I don't like to use this forum as a plug for my business... but for those that want to know where to get the wheels, go back and read Terri's postings. Yes, Kingsmen is a source for the wheels as well as others, including me ;).

I have the Millennium (New Style) wheels in stock and sold out of the "old style" channel lock set but have more on order and should receive them in a week or so.

http://www.katydids.net/EdgeRiderWheels.htm

Thank you.

Patty

How timely this is for me! I have a Millie and got the Edgerider wheels about a month ago. However, hubby and I have been too intimidated to put them on. It's good to read the posts of the positive experiences. I was most concerned about the channel lock, but I guess it won't be too bad. BTW, I got mine from Quilt Tech - didn't know about other options. Thanks.

;)

Archived