Midwest quilters

I was just thinking Saturday this time but I have an idea for a weekend in September. The Omaha Community Playhouse is doing the musical play "Quilters" from Aug. 21 - Sept. 27 (Thurs.-Sat.) I saw it about 10 years ago and it is wonderful, so I'm thinking we should have an overnight in Sept. going to the play on a Friday night and playing on Saturday. What do Y'all think?

Yeah! We are all looking forward to seeing you. Bring your favorite gadgets and show us how they work. Or bring your least favorite gadgets and show us how they don't work.:P We should also have time to go to our new favorite quilt shop. More details to come and I've sent you a U2U.

Jewels has the Circle Lord, and I definitly want to see how that works/sets up, etc.

I think the rest of us are basically bringing a suitcase/bag with rulers, etc. We should put masking tape with our names on the back of them tho. That way, incase we have doubles of something, we can claim who's is who's, etc.

Jewels, you can get 120" wide black fabric on line pretty cheap, and If needed, maybe we can all pitch in to help pay for the top/backing and batting. I'd hate to have you pay for that expense all alone.

I'd get it early tho, to insure we have it on time. Then we can use colored thread to really show off our quilting with the gadgets!

I'll throw in some thread too if needed!

I've been trying all day to figure out this Bobbin Jewels thing. Now I get it. :P I'm a little slow today.

So I need to bring my favorite or least favorite gadget and demo it? The least favorite is pretty easy and any one of you can purchase it if you like!! :P Actually, I have a bunch of specialty rulers I don't use anymore. I just might bring them and let you all pick through them. Shana took a few of them at MQS, but there's still a bunch left.

Looks like I am going to have to back out of our get together. I have a bridal shower to attend for my wonderful future DIL. I should not plan anything quilty until after the wedding! (When will I learn!)

Have fun without me.:(

Archived