quilting DWR

Hello Ladies, so I thought I was being very smart and decided to custom quilt this ebay rescue DWR. I was inspired by Renae's dvd I watched. I had all the templates and rulers I needed and was pumped...ok so what have I learned. First this is taking a lot longer than I thought. I am new to rulers and ditch work. This quilt is a chance to PPP. I am getting a lot of that. It will be beautiful when (that is the key word here) it is done.I decided to ditch around everything. I am doing 1/2" crosshatch in the solid colored pieces. I am doing center arcs in the wedges and CC'S in the four patch setting squares. The first row was not perfect but the second row I found my thread paths and order to quilt all elements. It is a lilac purple solid so I used superior 402 neutral color. I'm going for the old fashioned heirloom look. The first row took a week and each row since has taken about a day and a half. I will take a photo of it and post it when I'm done. I hope all of you are enjoying your summer. We are getting ready for our family vacation (kids, grandkids, SIL and dogs. We are going to a lake near Spokane for 7 days. We have a house boat rental and hopefully a small boat for pulling the grandkids around on inertubes. I plan on sitting in the hot tub and reading a lot. Just started the secret life of bees. Last year we went to Lake Billy Chinook and had a blast. Happy quilting to one and all...

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

I hope you like your book....I loved it!

Can't wait to see pics of the quilt. I got one recently from ebay after hearing everyone on the forum rave about their "finds". I'd really like to know what everyone that does this thinks is a good deal. I guess it all depends on the quilt, and how much you want it:P

I have a lilac DWR from ebay too. I cc'ed all the rings and started putting Victorian feathers in the lilac areas. I got through two or three rows, took it off to do some other quilts and have never put it back on. I need to get back to it. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Sandra, I've gotten some pretty good tops from ebay and some that make me understand why they were stored away in the attic and never finished. LOL I'm pickier now than I was when I first started ebaying. I won't bid on anything that needs repairs. As far as what I will pay for it, that depends on how common the type of quilt top is and how much I like it. Generally I pay less than $100.

Archived