Finally Hunter Star is done! - updated pictures!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG Heidi. It turned out simply exquisite. I agree with everyone here. It is gorgeous. I hope one day to be able to quilt half that well. Wow, what a lucky girl to have such a talented mom. You just have to put it into some shows. Looks like a winner to me. Congratulations:):):)

Originally posted by PFroelich

I really like the detail, just how long does it take to do all that thread burying??? I really like the small quilt I can meander, starting once, and stopping at the end...

I'm just getting started in starting and stopping,and buring threads in my PPP:P:P:P

Great quilting, Pat

Pat you would be amazed that I didn't have that many starts and stops. I basically did this quilt in 4 passes. First pass I did the SID in the borders and around the big stars and also the smaller stars I did SID and cc's. I pinned the areas well before I advanced. Next I did the design elements in the blocks (white area and stippling) and the feather border. All of this was done pretty continuous unless I ran out of thread in bobbin. I did have to start and stop to get back to the feather borders but not too much. Then finally I did the cross hatching and the motif in the big stars. I did the motif, stippled and then out to the first 1/4 of the star point. I then broke off and started the next one. If I had really worked at it I could have made this continuous too. You just have to find a path and then make it work for you. I should have drawn out the design on paper and played a little but I learned as I went instead. I really don't mind burying my threads and I don't personally think it takes that much time once you get a rhythm.

Thanks for the very helpful info, after I went back to the picture, I could see how you had worked. I'll have to get a lot smarter at stitching out the more intricate work, as of now I don't look far enough ahead:D I really enjoy having the quilter take the time and trouble to explain the HOW of really beautiful quilting, thank you, Pat

Heidi,

What a beautiful quilt and what lovely quilting. Really, what superlatives can we use to describe this effort? There certainly is a lot of love in this quilt for your daughter. However, I agree with those that say that she should have to wait a little longer to get this, as you enter it and collect some ribbons for this Masterpiece.

Regards,

Archived