Finally Hunter Star is done! - updated pictures!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much everybody. I just updated the pictures and included some of the back. All the pictures are on my webshots if you can stand anymore.

The stencil is from the Stencil company - http://quiltingstencils.com/fourfleur5.aspx

Warning this site is highly addictive and will put a drain on your wallet :P:P:P:P:P!

Koller the cross hatching tool came from the makers of the Quiltazoid - quiltazoid.com

Dory - yes I have only had my milli for 2 years but remember I quilted on my other machine for a year first so 3 years total. You can do it I know you can!

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Heidi

Did the outside border design come from the stencil company as well or is that your design?

Jeanne,

No the outside border was from Sharon Schamber. It was in her design book #4 I think. I enlarged it to fit the space and then used my light box to trace it on. All the lines in the background were done with the cross-hatching template.

Oh, thats right you did say Sharon Schamber book I will have to look at her books I have not seen them before. it is a lovely design, especially with the circle fills and the lines around the design, really sets it off. I had remembered you saying you had made a template and then lost . Oh for anyone with CL that wants to do the 1/4 inch crosshatching Michael tells me he has a template to do that as well. The border really makes that quilt special and unique. That is what judges look for something different to set the quilt apart from what is usually done. I love the loft of the wool batting as well.

Often I'm not a true fan of batiks, this definitely makes me change my mind.

The small quilting really adds another whole texture to the batik areas, so rich.

The colors are stunning, vibrant and contemporary, just what today's interiors like. I really like the detail, just how long does it take to do all that thread burying??? I really like the small quilt I can meander, starting once, and stopping at the end...

I'm just getting started in starting and stopping,and buring threads in my PPP:P:P:P

Great quilting, Pat

Archived