spirals

elkayr

I'm jumping in here - Shouldn't be any problem to finish in plenty of time. The giant swirls just zips along. Since you are a newer quilter - have you done this template before. If not, maybe do a dry run on muslin. When I was a beginner, Swirls was one of the first templates I used and loved it. I did take the time to make a couple of marks on the template to help remind me where I had to change direction - - just little bitty arrows made with permanent ink (skipped a rectangle once and had to go back and fill it in - a pain but doable). Michael makes such wonderful products and easy to use.

The first time I used this template was on a twin - took me about 1/2 a day - and that was as a very beginner as you are now. It took the longest time to advance the quilt and get to feeling comfortable with lining up the next row properly - that took quite a bit of time.

Good luck and a month should be more than enough time - enjoy the process.........

one other thing to remember is to make sure you finsh the side design all the way or you will have gaps along the sides. When you are done the sides should look exactly like the CL swirl board. It is a wonderful template and one I use all the time. Have fun..

Nora

Millennium

Washougal Wa

Hi Linda,

I used the swirls on a queen size quilt and it took me about week of working in the evenings, after dinner, after my day job. Maybe I needed a Saturday to complete it, too.

I used the swirls on a twin size quilt for my granddaughter and it took about 6 to 7 hours of actual quilting time (not including set up and clean up and filling bobbins time).

I think you will be done in plenty of time.

Sandy

Thanks for that Nora. I figured that out on the baptist fan after the fact :D. Thanks for the encouragement Sandy...just needed a little push. Bonnie, guess I just need to get after it, huh? Jeanne, that is so funny! Actually that stands for my initials...LKR! But I like the one elk a year hunter much better! May have to use that one in the future ;)

Linda

Archived