Classes in pa or near by

Pennyquilts

Originally posted by Rae50

Penny,

I just can't travel all over the country in order to take them.

This is my problem too. I understand that I will have to travel some, but I know my limits and how much my budget can bend. lol

I wish we could get someone to come closer for us boonie gals lol

Penny

Penny & Linda,

I was just not too far from you folks, visiting family, near Lewisburg. Pennsylvania is just beautiful in the fall. I would have loved to "stop in" and help you "play" on your machines!

Hawaii is also isolated, no longarm classes closeby - not too many longarmers on the island. Traveling to classes is VERY expensive, but this past year I have taken 3 online classes at MQR (Machine Quilters' Resource) - very reasonable and I learned alot about many different techniques from feathering to designing a wholecloth quilt. It is certainly worth the membership and class fees - especially for those of us who cannot easily travel to a class closeby - way cheaper than an airline ticket/hotel/registrations/fees at one of the bigger shows.

DVD's and Books are also a good resource and if you do a search on this site, you will probably find some good recommendations.

Originally posted by Hawaii

Penny & Linda,

I was just not too far from you folks, visiting family, near Lewisburg.

Oh that is soo sad, I am only an hour and 20 min. from Lewisburg. There is a great little fabric shop, "Vernia's" In Lewisburg, it's where I get all my fabric. When I go down I get enough fabric for at least 3 quilts.

Maybe the next time your in our neck of the woods please feel free to give me a shout, maybe we can work our lunch or something.

Penny

BTW Hawaii sure would be a nice change for us come Jan. LOL

Originally posted by Pennyquilts

Oh that is soo sad, I am only an hour and 20 min. from Lewisburg. There is a great little fabric shop, "Vernia's" In Lewisburg, it's where I get all my fabric. When I go down I get enough fabric for at least 3 quilts.

Maybe the next time your in our neck of the woods please feel free to give me a shout, maybe we can work our lunch or something.

Penny

BTW Hawaii sure would be a nice change for us come Jan. LOL

Penny, would love to have you for some pineapple tea and to "play" on my machine!!!

I checked out your blog site and your applique quilts are amazing!!

I noticed that you do a lot of handquilting - wow, that takes a lot of patience.

To me PA is God's country - I love the wide open spaces, pumpkins piled high at farmers markets, auctions, that change of colors, whoopie pies - sweet!!!!

And I thought I lived in the middle of nowhere! I always tell people it's not the end of the world but you can see it from here!

BTW, ditto on taking a class from Myrna. I drove to Lincoln (2 1/2 hr) to take a class from her and it was worth it. No longarm classes closer than that one. Hope to go to KC for MQS (6 hr) someday!

Linda, Vernia's is in Lewisburg PA.

It's a fabric shop run by Vernia, a Mennonite lady with a lovely laugh. She has no website, and if you go make sure you use the potty at the gas station. There is only an out house at the shop. lol

I have been shopping there for YEARS. Most all of her cottons are $5.95 to $7.00 a yard even Thimbleberries and Moda's. When I go down I have 3 or 4 projects in mind and get enough fabric for all. Send me a U2U and I will give you my phone # and share directions. LOL it is well worth the trip.

Penny

Archived