Featherz: Big & Small & SPIN?

njquiltergirl

Hi.

I have a big quilt screaming for feathers. I am interested in the CL Featherz, both the regular size and the mini. The quilt needs two sizes.

Does anyone have both?

Are the feathers exactly the same shape...just vary in size?

Do they all go in the same clockwise (or counter-clockwise) direction?

Any one want to sell theirs???

Thanks very much,

Lisa

APQS Liberty

New Jersey

Lisa

They have feathers to go in both directions. to see what sizes and which sizes go in which direction check the website. As there are actually 3 different size wreath templates. the largest does a wreath as large as 16 inches, the middle one has the largest at 11 1/2 inches and the mini does one as small as 3 1/2 inches.

Do you already have the basic CL? Yes they are all exactly the same shape just different sizes. Just got mine so they are not for sale. as people go to computers they sometimes sell their boards.

Good luck

Lisa - I have all the featherz templates and yes they are all interchangeable. The mini is really fun cause it has the spider web, spider and fly on it. :D They are all easy to use. Just be careful if you're doing a lot of wreaths in a quilt cause I found a lefty in a righty quilt. :mad: Didn't even notice it till it was off the machine. I tried to tell myself that nothing in life is perfect and the indians always make 1 "mistake" in everything they do but I finally picked it out. :(

Hi.

Thanks for the info and links. I have a huge quilt to do and need the FW's to all go in the same direction...there are 2 sizes needed. Yes, Carole, that is my "fear" that I'll have them going all over if I am not careful. The customer is very particular, so it has to be 100% right!

I'll go measure the two needed...then have to take my son to school for some volunteer work. It has been a day of running!

I'll be back with sizes later...thanks.

Lisa

OK, another question for the experts here...when I look at a quilt, I think the wreaths should spin clockwise...what do you think? Does it matter? My customer specified they all go in the SAME direction - and there are 2 sizes in her king size quilt.

BTW: I have a feeling the wonderful and amazing Mr. CL - Michael himself - is working on something fabulous for us in the FW department. He should write a book on top quality customer service. What a great company! If you are on the fence about getting a Circle Lord...just do it!! It is a well made tool that is backed by the most outstanding support any one could imagine.

Thanks!

Lisa

Lisa

There are more right hand feathers on the template than left hand one so it would be my guess that you would have more size choices with the right hand ones. As long as they are all going the same way I dont think it should make a difference. Idont have that little FW with the spider but I sure do think it is adorable.

Archived