Circle Lord Mirco Feathers

mrsbishwit

Whoo-hoo... I am so excited! Great feathers from new CL templates.

Michael is a sweet heart. I talked to him about possibly having smaller sized Feathered Wreath template for a big quilt I was working on and look what he made! These little templates are real cutie-pies! They are adorable and make **gorgeous** feather wreaths.

Here is the background: I have a huge customer quilt with 86 stars. I wanted to put a FW in each, but was worried about them being consistant. I have the CL basic but did not have any of the Feathers templates, and the ones available were all too big for these stars. He made these to go from 2.5" to 5.75"... and one template has FW that spin to the right and the other one goes to the left. You get both in one set.

I have a long way to go before my free-hand feathers look even remotely related to Karen Mc Tavish's, but I have to tell you, with these templates, they are just about perfect!

They are fun to do...yes, even with nearly 80 done, they are still fun to do. Fast and easy.

I am greateful to Michael and Kay for the outstanding product and for their willingness to go out of their way for customer support. Where else can you ask a simple question and get a template made to order???

These little templates have made my work so much easier...and so much more impressive than if I were to do them free hand!

The little feathers will look sweet on a baby quilt, or elegant on a wall hanging. These are going to be stunning on this king size bed quilt. I'll try to post a picture.

Get a set before they are gone!

Lisa Burghart

APQS Liberty/Circle Lord

NW NJ

post--13461902850579_thumb.jpg

Georgene; I was just in the right place at the right time that's all ;)

Lisa; your micro featherz are adorable!

I think they would also look good in cornerstones/ and or sashings, used as corner blocks in small borders, the centers or the flowers of a grandmother's flower garden quilt....heck the possibilities are endless :cool:

Can't wait to see what everyone does with it.

Linda B.:

No need to fret...they were just released on Wednesday. They had to be tested before Michael would release them to the world. He sent me prototypes to test for him.

Because they are small and light, shipping is really cheap...check his blog, it says the cost. I think it was less than $5 for both to be mailed. The two "cutie-pies" fit in a small padded envelope.

Joann:

Thanks for the compliments on my feather wreaths. (They are really Michael's - Just don't tell my customer!) The most amazing part: this was the very FIRST time I ever used my CL and they came out great.

Cornerstones, what a great idea! They really are precious....

Maybe even the centers of log cabins...like the one DeLoa Jones did that looked like roses. All along a border.....in setting triangles...

Lisa Burghart

APQS Liberty/Circle Lord

NW NJ

Archived