MQS Catalog

I have an "'x" through classes I have already had....classes where I don't care much for the teacher or her style of quilting....and classes in which I have fallen asleep in the past :P I have "?" on the classes that have potential. And some are just blank. I am planning to volunteer more than take classes this year and I know I won't be available until Tuesday at 5 pm when I get off of work at my real job. So there, that narrowed down my list some more....there is a science to this whole thing.

MB. I did the same thing yesterday. However, I did get my catalog in the mail yesterday too.

I think i've got, 2 maybe 3 classes and that's IT!

I want time to meander thru the vender mall, chat and visit with friends, etc.

Im thinking of coming down either Tues eve or Wed. early early a.m. and staying thru saturday.

I want leisure time.

I've taken the hands on classes so far that i've wanted. Nothing appealed to me this year.

I too walked out of 3 classes last year out of boredom.

I dont want to waste that $$ again, when I could be spending it in the mall! LOL

There seems to be a lot of repetative classes from past years. Plus alot of the classes are about feathers, not every quilt can handle feathers.

I am only taking 5 classes, but allowing time for shop hopping on Monday. I like Mary Beth's idea of volunteering, have not done that before but maybe I will try it out this year.

Allowing more time in the vendor mall and looking at the quilts is such a good idea. In the past I was usually too tired after all the classes I took to enjoy the vendor mall and quilts. Definitely allowing more time this year.

There are some new teachers, like Carla Barrette...I'm so excited to sign up for her classes. And after attending MQS or any show over a period of time, the number of classes we take are going to get less and less. That just gives us more time to volunteer, and you learn a lot from that side of the show too.

Archived