What to charge?

CJQ

I am absolutely loving my swirls and baptist fan boards!!! My customers love them too. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what they charge for these patterns. I have been right at 2 cents a square inch. No complaints yet but the more I do, the easier it gets and I almost feel quilty. There is a lot of quilting with either design.

I have a friend who charges .0175 (1 3/4 cents) per square inch for the Baptist Fan; .02 for the Swirls, Square Dance and Clam Shells and .0275 (or maybe it was .025) for the Sakura.

I hope this helps.

My thoughts are.... you are better and faster at these designs because you practiced (PPP) and you deserve to be paid for your skill level. And, if your customers are not complaining about the price, and they love the designs (who wouldn't?), don't lower your price. A special discount, for a time limited period, would be OK - like a Christmas special, or Happy New Year to them if they bring a top to you in January, etc would be a way to thank them for their business, but I would not think dropping your prices would be a good thing to do to your self. 2 cents a SI does not seem out of line to me. JMHO

I wonder what other responses you will get. Now I'm curious, too.

2 cents a SI for any of the boards would be a good fair price, so why would you cheat yourself. NEVER go backwards...you are getting faster which means more quilts done in a day and an increase in pay.

If you want to give a discount during a slow month great, but don't lower your prices ever. JMHO.

Archived